Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Grandpa

   On November 18, 2010 the greatest man I've ever encountered passed away at 81-years-old. This great man was my grandfather. I heard stories and memories that made me even more amazed with him. He read so many books and was so profound and passionate about his faith. He loved so many but more-so was loved by many. He never made an enemy and could befriend even the hardest of people to get along with. He was quite the jokester and always had such soft hands. He didn't speak much but when he did whatever he said was either profound or hilarious. He could tell stories better than anyone I know. He had such character and greatness. He truly was an amazing man.
   The funeral service was beautiful. The life sketch my 3 beautiful aunts presented was so touching. Afterwords I got the privilege to play the piano for the grandchildren's musical number. It was the combination of I am a Child of God, Love is Spoken Here, and Bring the World His Truth. It was a beautiful number that my aunt Cindy helped me put together. The stake president and bishop spoke and the family choir sang. At the grave site there was a military service. It was a beautifully sad day.
   My grandpa was an extraordinary man. I love him very much and I believe he's in a better place where he can walk, run, jump and do all the things he hasn't been able to for years. I firmly believe I will see him again and he will greet me with his open tender arms. I love you grandpa! Run among the angels <3

No comments:

Post a Comment