Wednesday, January 4, 2012

A New Year

   Most of my life I've been a downer. I'll admit that and I'm sure not many people would argue. Pessimism was definitely my weakness. Expect the worst...Period. You'll never be wrong or you could be pleasantly surprised. I guess it was a positive way to look at pessimism but you can't always live life thinking of nothing but the worst.
   Recently I have noticed small but subtle changes in my personality and my everyday behavior. I didn't really start noticing it until about a week ago. I worked a really long week. I took on more hours than I could handle but at the end of it, all I said was, at least I'll have a nice check next week and at least I got to go to dinner with my dad after work. One of my dear friends replied saying, way to be positive! I was so taken back. I was exhausted from the work week but I had looked past that to find the good without even trying.
   At work yesterday I had a chance to get to know one of my managers. As we exchanged stories and life experiences, my family troubles surfaced. As I told her the minimal stories of what has happened since August she became more and more surprised. She said she never would have guessed because I came into work so happy all the time.
   I love how my attitude has changed. I feel better not only in the way I think but physically too. I am determined to continue thinking positively throughout this year. Things may get worse in my family, work, etc... but if I can smile at any given moment throughout the day, I can get through anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment