Thursday, March 21, 2013

The Truth

    Well, it has been quite some time since I updated my life and a lot has happened. Although there are many exciting experiences to talk about there is only one thing I want to talk about; The truth. Although there are some that might disagree with this post and the validity of its contents, I don't care. I was the one who lived with my parents before and after these incidents. I know this is the truth and so do the people who truly matter.
    Let me just start by saying my parents were happy. Dad may not have been giving Mother his undivided attention but everyone who knows my dad knows that all she would have had to do is say something. Dad would have changed the world just to make that woman happy. The first step to the chaos was Mother reconnecting with her ex boyfriend from high school named Jeff. When they first started talking Jeff was going through family situations of his own and planning a separation from his wife. He wanted to move to Utah so he spent a couple weeks in a hotel. Mother, being "generous", helped him look for places to live and took him around town. After two weeks was up he couldn't afford to go back to Oregon so he stayed with us for another two weeks. While he stayed with us we assisted him in daily activities (he too, is disabled), fed him, and on two occasions Dad had to clean up his inability to make it to the bathroom on time.
    I first became suspicious when she decided to take him up to Idaho to visit his family. She told me she would be staying with her mother and he would be in a hotel. Shortly after her arrival in Idaho I discovered she had lied to me. In the weeks Jeff was staying with us I had walked out on them cuddling on our couch. Of course I called Dad immediately to tell him what I had witnessed. In the meantime Mother contacted him also painting a lie for Dad that Jeff was falling off the couch and she had pulled him close to prevent him from falling. What was I supposed to do? Tell my father not to believe his wife? I know what I saw and that was no fall recovery. I have taken care of Dad for 7 years, I'm not dumb.
    After Jeff flew back to Oregon Mother followed to help him move to Utah. When she got back Dad finally voiced his concerns to her about the situation. Exactly one week before Dad's birthday she left us saying she didn't want to be a wife, mother or grandmother anymore and that she had raised her kids. Any good parent knows that you are NEVER done raising your kids. Your children will always need you and your obligations as a parent don't ever end.
    I won't go further than this out of respect for Dad and my family but needless to say the situation went from bad to worse. My siblings tolerated the the madness she put us through while Dad struggled to cope that his 28 year investment walked out on him. As for me, I granted her wish. She doesn't know where I live, my phone number or even my boyfriends name. My family fell to pieces and I am so sorry to my siblings for not helping them through the struggles of our mother leaving. As the dust has started to settle the pieces of my family are falling back together. Of course there is still a void where our mother used to be but we are filling that with the joy of realizing we still have each other.
    The truth is she abandoned us and even worse she's lied to everyone about it. People we once called family have turned their backs to us, others don't even know what to believe. For those reading this wondering if this really is the truth, I make one request; Ask why all three if this woman's children turned their back to her if this wasn't the truth?

No comments:

Post a Comment